Getting Packed

Last night was spent going through my checklist and packing everything. I'm mostly done. I just have some odds and ends. Need to charge the MP3 player and put new batteries in the GPS and camera. I'd really like to take the SLR but I'm afraid the weight is going to be bad enough as it is.

The biggest group left to pack is food. I did noodles up last night and pulled them and mixed vegetables out of the dehydrator this morning. I fixed two boxes of noodles but now I think that might be too much. I picked up a chicken breast (garlic & herb) that I can slice up to add some protein and bulk. With that and the veggies it might make a good meal.

I took a little break last night to try out some new gear. I've heard so many good things about the Svea 123 white gas stove that I finally decided to pick one up and try it myself. I dropped a little Coleman fuel into the tank, primed it, and she lit up with a single match. It was cold out and I was in shorts and a t-shirt so I didn't do anything beyond the functional test. Tonight I'll probably do a quick boil test to see how it does. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll take it this weekend or not. It's 19 oz plus fuel and it takes up more space. We'll see then I do the final weigh where I am.

. Bookmark the permalink.