AT Final Touches

Well, I've been busy putting the final touches on the plans for the upcoming AT hike next weekend. I'm really looking forward to the hike from Woody Gap to Hogpen Gap in North Georgia.

I've been trying out some DIY dehydrated meals and still have some more to go. I'll probably finalize the menu early in the week. Today the wife brought home the last of my cold-weather base layer. I was missing a LS shirt so that's taken care of. I broke down on Thur and dropped the coin on a nice Marmot Precip rain jacket. I'm just going to reuse the rain pants I wore when I played golf.

I've been tweaking the GPS track and finally got that wrapped up. My memory card is loaded with the Eastern US and I have the AT track from Woody to Hogpen loaded as well as key waypoints along the way. The USGS maps came in earlier this week so I need to get busy waterproofing them since it takes some time for them to cure.

All I have left to do really is the final loadout and weighing. Can't wait to hit the road for GA and then the trail!

. Bookmark the permalink.