New LiteMax

Well, I got my new Snow Peak LiteMax stove from REI last week. Unfortunately I've been so busy with other projects I haven't even tried firing it up. I'm a bit gun-shy now. I'm tempted to actually pay attention to the manufacturer's warning to only use their fuel canisters. I wonder if the MSR canister (or was it JetBoil?) is what caused the threads to strip.

In all honesty I'm not sure what to do. I'm waffling on whether to trust it or take my Giga also. But then I'm losing the weight savings by taking a backup stove. I guess I just need to spend some time putting it on a canister and removing it to see if I hose the threads on this one too.

The AT trip is 3 weeks away and I can't wait. The way things have gone for me this week and last I'm beyond ready to get away and recharge. While changing out the garbage disposal I realized the cabinet bottom was rotten as the undersink filter fell through it. Then I had to replace the battery in the wife's car. I lost the data drive on my computer. Today I had to replace the battery in my truck and I discovered that my trailer connection isn't working. Calgon take me away!

. Bookmark the permalink.