Buck Lake Day Three

Wow. What a night! The temperature dropped like a rock. Fortunately I slept very warmly and really didn't feel like getting out of bed. When I heard people talking and looked out the hammock, though, I knew I couldn't pass up the view. The temp dropped to 25.5 degrees overnight and the lake looked absolutely gorgeous as the fog wafted across it with the sun gently rising above.

I was disappointed that I couldn't get better pictures to capture the moment but I took so many pictures last night that my camera battery was dead. Why didn't I bring a spare? Lesson learned.

Frozen Morning

After an amazing breakfast one of the guys and I got a ride to the FT trailhead on 19. It was a very enjoyable 2.7 mile hike back to the lake. I really had a good time and the scenery was very nice.

I got my site broken down around 1 and hit the road for the drive back to Jax. It took me a little over 2 hours since I had to stop for lunch and I can't really drive past Gander Mountain without stopping. :-)

I had a wonderful time this weekend but had a wonderful reunion getting home. My son was thrilled when I walked in and couldn't wait to tell me how they'd camped out under the dining room table while I was gone. It wasn't long before we had a tent setup in the living room and he was laying it it watching TV through the bug screen. :D

Can't wait to get out again! Happy trails!

This entry was posted in ,,,. Bookmark the permalink.