Unbelievable Year

I can't believe that it's New Year's Eve and I have nothing more to show for 2010. After a debacle of a hike in May I haven't even set foot on the trail (other than a short local one).

Fortunately that's all about to change. I can't begin to say how refreshing it's been gearing back up for a hike to Cumberland Island, GA next weekend. One of the guys at work puts together a hike there every January and this is the first time I've been able to make it.

I've spent part of my vacation time this week going over my gear, menu, etc. I'm really fired up about it and can't hardly wait. The guys are heading out Thur but another co-worker and I won't be leaving until Fri morning. I'm not sure what the weather has in store but I'm confident I'll be ready for it. The backcountry portion will be a little bummed at night since no fires are allowed. It's understandable, though. It's been so dry lately we've had way too much wildfire activity.

Ok, so that's it for now. Sorry for the loooooong gap between updates. Hopefully that'll change in 2011. I've already gotten started on the re-match plans for the AT. ;-)

. Bookmark the permalink.