Greetings from Franklin!

Well, I made good time today in picking up my hiking buddy. Unfortunately I required a quick trip to REI ;-). I didn't feel safe using my Hiker Pro since it doesn't appear that I cleaned it the last time I used it and wasn't sure what critters were growing on it. I decided to err on the side of safety and get a new, clean filter element. I also had another issue to resolve. I really wanted to make sure I had a way to power the Blackberry in case I need it during the extended trip.

Based on the recommendation of another hiker buddy I picked up the iGo portable charger. This is cool since it's made by the same company as my car charger. Well, on the trip up I tried charging the BB when it was down to 1 bar. I'm through two sets of batteries and it still isn't completely charged.

While at REI I decided to drop the coin on the Solio Rocsta solar charger. It's currently connected to the laptop I'm writing this with so we'll have a full charge when we hit the trail tomorrow. I figure we can alternate charging our BBs and should be good. We'll see. I'll write up a review when we get back.

Haven's Budget Inn is a bit interesting. It feels as though we've stepped back into the 60s. The TV is old and sitting on a roller cart. The bathroom is right out of the 50s or 60s. Oh well, we weren't expecting the Waldorf.

I guess I'll keep it short for now. Our shuttle will be here at 7 so I want to get some rest. Hopefully I'll be able to provide some updates from the trail.

. Bookmark the permalink.